Even though mommy-and-me matching outfit fashion dates back to the 1900s, it’s a trend that has yet to go out of style. It’s always a delight to see mothers and their kids wearing matching clothes, and it’s a fun and creative way for moms to dress up their mini-mes.
Dr. Henry has spoken! By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), BC restrictions have been extended until Feb 5, 2021. All events and social gatherings are suspended until Feb 5, 2021 to significantly reduce COVID-19 transmission related to social interactions and travel.
Restrictions. What does this mean to you?
It means no playdates, no outdoor gatherings, no backyard gatherings, no indoor or outdoor events (except drive-in), no eating in restaurants with anyone outside of your household bubble.
What’s still allowed?
These activities are not considered a social gathering:
- Going for a walk. You must make sure a walk does not turn into a group of people meeting outside
- Parents carpooling kids to and from school
- Grandparents providing child care
- Public pools and public skating rinks, when not associated with an event, are allowed to continue to operate with a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Youth extracurricular activities like those offered by Arts Umbrella and NSST, as listed here.
- Youth indoor and outdoor team sports for people 21 years of age and younger if they follow viaSport’s Return to Sport Phase 2 guidance
Of course, mask-wearing is still a requirement in all public indoor settings, as outlined in the mask mandate order. A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth.
Now, how to fill the time on a rainy day while limited screen-time and not having playdates? Here are a few ideas to fill your weekend and keep your children busy.
When we think of educational field trips choices, we traditionally start with places like art galleries and museums, and planetariums and aquariums to name a few. They are obviously great choices for children to learn from. Nowadays, the list is long for places to visit outside of the classroom where learning is reinforced in some…
Come to the PNE Fair to see all the attractions you know and love, plus attractions for both the kids and the adults. NEW under $10 Taste of the Fair menu that includes a list of specialty options that will keep your costs down and the fun rolling. With over 50 vendors at this year's…
Eating disorders and disordered eating thrive in secrecy, so detecting them in your children and teens can often be difficult. However, there are signs and clues to be on the lookout for as a parent.